- Parents may observe classes in silence, and should not be disruptive by talking, using cell phones, calling to your child or bringing siblings to class.
- Dancers are expected to be on time to class, ready to dance.
- Older girls should be warmed up when class begins.
- No cell phones allowed in class, they should be turned off, put away and only checked at the end of class.
- Dancers may not leave the class room without permission from the instructor.
- Talking is not permitted in class.
- Dancers are expected to be respectful of teacher and fellow dancer at all times, parents will be called if problems arise.
- Dancers may have water in a non-spill container only in the dance room. Food or sugary drinks are not permitted in class
- No Gum.
- Dancers are expected to pick up after themselves and keep the studio and entry area clean.
- Only dance shoes are permitted on the dance floor.
- All dancers are expected to wear appropriate dance wear and shoes for the style of dance being taught.
- Ballet classes Advanced I and above may only wear PINK or TAN footed tights (or convertible no black tights allowed) a leotard and a small skirt or shorts. No tank tops or T-shirts allowed.
- Hair must be securely fastened out of the face, Advanced I Ballet and above must wear buns.
- Shoes must fit properly and have all elastics or ribbons sewn correctly (have shoes prepared prior to class).
- If you purchase pointe shoes, the fit must be approved by the instructor before sewing ribbons and elastics.
- No jewelry or watches except small stud earrings are allowed in class.
- If a student is not dressed properly they may be asked to “sit out” and watch class.
Tuition is based on the 9 month season of class offerings. Each month is priced the same for the sake of simplicity. If your dancer misses class due to illness or family vacations, full tuition is still due to hold their place in class. Make up classes or refunds are not offered for cancellations due to inclement weather. Classes are not held on public school vacation days and classes end mid-May. Classes are held during public school inservice and conference days when students do not go to school. You are charged the full month fee even if class meetings are reduced. Dancers are given many extra hours of instruction and experience at no extra cost during preparation for performances.
Starting fall 2014, we will be using an online studio management system for registration, class enrollment, and tuition payment. The online portal will accept Visa and Mastercard, but we will not be accepting bank draft ACH payments at this time. You may select a monthly or semester based billing schedule.
- Dancers are expected to attend all classes they are registered for unless other prior arrangements have been made.
- If a dancer is going to miss a class you must call the instructor in advance and make plans to attend a make- up class.
- Attendance is a serious issue! Dancers must attend class regularly if they expect to progress with their class. Excessive absences may affect your ability to remain in that level of class or jeopardize your opportunities to perform.
- Classes will begin on time, students arriving more than 5 minutes after class begins may be asked to not participate and observe the class. This will be up the discretion of the instructor and will be addressed on an individual basis.
- Little School of Dance follows the same schedule as KIBSD and does not hold class during school holidays. LSOD does hold class on “in service days” and on parent-teacher conference days. When KIBSD cancels classes for weather concerns LSOD will do the same.
- There is no class on Halloween.